View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see...Ethan asked about Tuesday's dinner...

2 schooners of Busch Bavarian beer, a pickled egg & too many pretzel sticks to count at the oldest pub/tavern/bar in Long Beach....the world famous "Joe Jost's" which opened for business in 1924 and has been open ever since.

And, to soak up the last remaining bits of unmetabolized alcohol in my system, two blocks east of Joe Jost's is Original Tommy's Hamburgers. A triple chili-cheesburger (no pickles, no tomato). Their chili is renowned for being a hangover preventative. (BP probably should've procured some to soak up the leaking oil in the gulf!)

Tuesday was the anomaly in my diet.

Then Wednesdays' dinner was homemade mushroom tortellini with steamed spinach & asparagus and a liter of electrolyte enhanced water.

Tonight? I'm thinking a tossed salad with mushrooms & 1000 Island dressing, and steamed broccoli over penne pasta topped with grated parmesan. But, since dinner is still a couple of hours away, that could change...but, probably not much.