View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Of course they didn't, but he said it was one of the moments which made it into the film and what made it into the film doesn't scream deeply personal to me. I've always thought Goodbye Baby was about abortion, but I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that it must have been one between her and Lindsey because this guy says the moment was "deeply personal" because of the "subject matter". I highly doubt Stevie was like, "Oh lets do this song about mine and Lindsey's aborted baby!" For all we know, he may think this song is a song Stevie wrote about leaving Lindsey and how she felt wrong about it all these years.
I agree with you. He probably does think that, especially when you pair the song with Say Goodbye, which Lindsey makes clear was written after he left the band. He probably thought the song was about them parting and nothing more.

But then let me take the other side for a moment. Even though Matt didn't know the true meaning of the song, if Stevie and Lindsey did, they still could have been sharing a tender abortion moment, only Matt didn't know. Of course, Lindsey probably doesn't know what the heck the song is about either, so he could have been looking at Stevie and thinking, "Oh, this is about when we broke up" and she could have been looking back at him very tearful and emotionally thinking, "Dude, you are really losing your hair fast, all of a sudden."

Michele