View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I don't think Mike Dodd is to blame, I'm sure he is a good guy.......

The bottom line is that Peter didn't want to play those gigs, he didn't want to go and he got tired of the band......

So another story ended, another chapter of Peter's eventful life.........

Maybe Mike only did the old same mistake: too many gigs and sometimes too far away, don't forget that Peter is now almost 64.....

But on the happy side Peter is fine, it's 100 % the same recent Peter, so don't worry for that...

Mario.

Cheers
Thanks, Mario. When they ramped up his touring schedule late last year I begun to wonder if Peter Green was finally over his hatred for touring. Especially when they did dates in Australia earlier in the year '09 which is a flight no one wants fly from the UK or US.

I think Mike Dodd meant well, but I think he pushed Peter too quickly after the success of the open air summer shows in the UK last year. Mike Dodd made the same mistake everyone makes.

The popular opinion is that Peter Green left Fleetwood Mac due to his use of hallucinogens. If you read enough books, and between the lines, it's all about tours away from home, that caused Peter Green to leave the band. The remainder of the European tour was canceled after early April 1970. The recorded evidence at the Roundhouse 4/24/70 proves that Peter Green was not a "Syd Barrett stare into the darkness freak show playing one guitar string for an hour". It maybe one of FM's best concerts of all time, if not THE (including the pop band version with the women). That "Black Magic Woman" is.....wow!

Clifford Adams had an ambitious four month U.S. tour planned for FM beginning in June of 1970. They would've promoted the then plan to release Live in Boston double LP album, and FM's future would've changed for the better exponentially.

Peter Green loved his family so much he allowed his parents to live with him in a house he bought in '69. He was too sensitive to develop a hard crust, or shield to get beyond the music business BS. He saw right through it while the likes of Clapton, Page, Townshend, Lennon, and countless others from the 60's just went for the ride.

What's so ironic is that Peter Green's family were proud of his success as a musician, and tried to convince him to continue. On this side of the pond, unless you're Mike Bloomfield with an extremely wealthy family due to some very important food service patents, you're a failure unless you're a rabbi, lawyer, or doctor.

Last edited by slipkid; 09-07-2010 at 01:10 AM..