View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
To me, "I'm The One" is the best track on the album ("The Smile I Live For" is close second). I really like Todd Sharp's guitar tone throughout the album.

I like the song "The Challenge", and, as most of you know, I'm probably one of the biggest Clapton fans on the planet, as well; BUT, this solo isn't one of his best. Sounds like Chris called him, he dropped by and after about 4 bottles of wine between the two of them, plugged into the smallest amp in the studio, and what they have on tape is what he was noodling around with when they played the song through the first time. No thought, no real "feel"...just kind of half-assed. (VERY similar to that crap of a solo he did on Stephen Bishop's "Save It For A Rainy Day" song)

"One In A Million": one of my faves from the album. Sounds a bit like it could be a Paris-era Bob Welch tune. Always have liked just about anything Steve Winwood has done. Steve & Christine should work together more often....they're a great pair.

Was just listening to Behind The Mask last night. "When The Sun Goes Down" is probably the 2nd best song on the album (behind "In The Back Of My Mind"), and one of the best songs in the HISTORY of Fleetwood Mac. It's really a great collaboration by ALL of Fleetwood Mac on that one. Billy & Rick trading lead vocals, Christine & Stevie adding backgrounds & harmonies. GREAT arrangement. "Country"?? Hell no. You can't tell the difference between "Country" & "Zydeco"??? What's wrong with you?
I like both kinds of music.. country and western... lol