View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
when did you have the extraction? if you've a hole there, sounds like you've already some sort of 'dry' socket. if this is recent, a blod clot should have formed allowing the healing to begin (e.g. no hole) i've never had an extraction nor dry socket but, basically, if you don't want a hole to pack goodies, a re-visit to the dentist would be in order...not sure what exactly they do (where's michelle?) but I imagine they do something (cut perhaps...owee...or maybe they pack it with the goodstuff )...let the healing can begin. good luck.

or http://www.dental--health.com/faq_drysocket.html

I am a huge fan of nitrous oxide
I got it yanked on Monday. There WAS a blood clot, but it went away after a couple days. Now it's just sort of...hole-y. It doesn't really hurt, though. I mean, if I poke at it, then it hurts a little. But I thought dry socket was supposed to be like, OMG painful.

I have a check-up on Monday morning, so I am sure they will tell me if I am okay or not then, but in the meantime, I keep stewing about it.

I didn't get any nitrous, but they did have a nifty novocaine machine that did not require the insertion of giant needles in 10 different spots to get the entire side of my head numb. Like, even my ear was numb. That was pretty sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
They say that in the 22nd Century, when they start going all Star Trek on people's asses and transferring their consciousness into cyborg robots, the robot's brains will eventually decay away into nothingness, no matter what they do.

So . . . yes. Sorry to be so blunt about it. But, yes.

But I'd guess you have a good 120 years left! .......
Well, I kinda figured I was going to die at some point. But I don't want to die right now, on account of I still have a really long Netflix queue to get through & also I want a pony.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''