View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
D: No! Aaargh, I could NEVER put the VU back... if I could only find them.
Well, I've actually never heard (recognised?) any VU material, so I don't know what I'm missing out on... of course, if Lou Reed's anything to go by ("A Gift" is such a top song! Rofl! True classic! ), I've missed out in a big way. That said, I've listened to Gift Of Screws for a second time, and I've already enjoyed it more the second time 'round. What spoiled it a bit for me was hearing "Did You Miss Me" (a great song, but not my style I'm afraid) after the two fantastic opening tracks, which marred my enjoyment and proper appreciation of the later tracks, until "Gift Of Screws", which unsurprisingly snapped me back into focus (), before I was distanced yet again by "Underground" and "Treason", which I still have yet to appreciate. At least rather quick progress to full likeability is being made!
(Also, I just thought I'd share that I found my favourite album (well, it's tied with Roxy Music's Avalon, but anyway...), Days Of Future Passed by The Moody Blues, unenjoyable the first time I listened to it. Strangely, like most of The Moody Blues material I've heard, I didn't like it the first time 'round. I even went so far as to think "What's this crappy song?" when I heard "Forever Autumn", one of my fav MB songs, on the radio for the first time! Most of the time I think I can attribute this initial dislike to a mix of low volume and general distraction while "listening" to the music.)
(Lastly, I assume everyone here owns Days Of Future Passed by now? I mean, it goes without saying really...)
NB. Not necessarily in that order...