View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
So glad you finally bought it!!!!!!! I know I'm biased, but Lindsey's albums are always worth buying!
Yeah, I'm glad too! I actually went into JB Hi-Fi thinking that my orders for Kiln House, Bare Trees and Penguin had come through (for whatever reason I assumed the number of the missed call I didn't recognise was that of JB Hi-Fi's... ), but they hadn't, so I looked about for other things. Occasionally I check LB's section, which is usually pretty bare, but Gift Of Screws just so happened to have been ordered in and put there! I snatched it immediately, and returned a compilation of The Velvet Underground to the shelf (it's all money...). Btw, I also bought Led Zeppelin IV for $10... that's not a bad album either!
And, just so you know, I'm listening to "Gift Of Screws" now... damn Lindsey, you sure can shreik!
I just gave mum a listen - she just said on the outset that she doesn't like it when Lindsey's crazy, but surprised me by warmly saying that he sounds like Sid Vicious, and that I should play it to scare the neighbours when I have my 21st! Rofl!
And now I'm playing "Great Day"... such a good song as well... now "Time Precious Time"... perhaps I'll give the album another listen right now... (I wonder if I'll discover a sudden, unexpected, newfound, deep adoration for some of his other songs on the album this time round?)
NB. Not necessarily in that order...