View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
There's got to be more on the calendar than this!!! Either with ZZ Top or not.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I'm sure you are as well!

Any info about a new CD?
Well, here's one new date announced: Sept. 19, final Sunday at the Kansas State Fair (again, opening for ZZ Top).

http://www.hutchnews.com/Latestlocal...andstandacttue

Kansas State Fair announces more grandstand acts
By Amy Bickel - The Hutchinson News - abickel@hutchnews.com

Two-time Grammy award winner Maroon 5, along with classic rockers ZZ Top and Mick Fleetwood Blues Band are slated to play during the 2010 Kansas State Fair.

Fair Manager Denny Stoecklein also announced three country acts that will grace the Sprint Grandstand stage: Rodney Atkins and Blake Shelton with James Otto.

Country music star Atkins – best known for his No. 1 hit, “Watching You” – will perform Sunday, Sept. 12. Ticket price is $25.

R&B-influenced Maroon 5 is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 16. Their first album, Songs About Jane, contained four hit singles: “Harder to Breathe,” “This Love,” “She Will Be Loved” and “Sunday Morning.” Ticket prices are $39.

Blake Shelton, whose song “Hillbilly Bone” is currently No. 1 on the charts, will be appearing at the Sprint Grandstand on Friday, Sept. 17 after an opening by James Otto. Shelton’s top hits include “The Baby” and “Some Beach.” Newcomer Otto is recognizable for his single “Since You Brought It Up.” Ticket price is $28

Closing the 10-day fair will be performances by ZZ Top and Mick Fleetwood Blues Band on Sunday, Sept. 19. Ticket price for this concert is $39.

These acts join the previously announced classic rock group Foreigner, performing Saturday, Sept. 11, and comedian ventriloquist Terry Fator, who takes the stage on Monday, Sept. 13.

The 2010 Kansas State Fair is Sept. 10-19. Sprint Grandstand concert tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. May 8, and can be purchased at the fair ticket office, by calling (800) 362-3247 or by visiting www.kansasstatefair.com. Ticket prices for all Sprint Grandstand Acts include free gate admission to the Kansas State Fair when purchased through August 31, 2010, unless otherwise noted.

So sjpdg, let's just keep our fingers crossed the MFBB will make it to the west coast this year! Hopefully some of the shows are solo, and not always opening for ZZ.

I hope they're at least thinking about a new MFBB album, too. I haven't heard what Mick is doing since the Grammies, but I think Rick has been working with wine importer /blues singer Kermit Lynch on a new CD, following up on his "Man's Temptation" from last year (which also featured Rick).