View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I never said anyone feels great about getting older, where did I say that? Homer said she needs to feel better about herself, and I just said that perhaps she feels great about herself already. Feeling great about yourself doesn't always have to do with how you look.
There's an assumption that how you feel about yourself is completely tied up in how you look, all I'm saying is that Christine is probably enjoying her life and enjoying not having to worry about how she looks, she might in fact, gasp, feel great! Of course she doesn't want wrinkles and to look old, I'm not saying she doesn't notice these things but the effect isn't going be as dramatic to her as it is to us seeing her in the first time after years. And going under the knife? It might be nothing to some but to others that's a pretty big deal. I do understand and empathise with those who do put themselves through it and the natural yearning for eternal youth, I'm absolutely not criticising those who do, but I also understand why people don't want to as well, and Christine obviously doesn't feel the need at this time in her life.
It amuses me that there is never anyone going on about how Mick, John or Lindsey need surgery, yet they all look their age. It's such a double standard. And Christine isn't even in the public eye anymore, if she doesn't want surgery then shouldn't we respect that? And there's always the possibility she would get surgery and look awful, as a lot of people do, would she feel so great about herself then? Let her grow old gracefully how she wants.
BTW, I have 21 digits.

And yeah, if she doesn't care about it, that's totally her choice. I was just saying, if it was me... Now, that said, I have NO idea how painful a facelift or whatnot might be, or how long recovery might be. Anyone had one, or have a Mom or someone you can ask?