View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
But seriously, I think she was pretty nice in her answer. The legal bit was kind of silly, but perhaps she feels compelled to be...firm?

I have absolutely no doubt that Jana and everyone else working for Stevie in that way are under some pretty strict orders concerning this sort of thing. Either implied or more likely, i.m.o., overtly. They know people will try this sort of thing and they need to keep it down to a dull roar. I'm sure to a point they hate to be "dream busters" but of course, it's not Stevie's job to make the career of every single wannabe that would come their way. I think Jana and the rest probably understand all this implicitly - and who could blame them for not wanting to take ANY kind of chance of blowing such a great gig, when no one (including the wannabe, I bet) has any hope of anything good coming out of it?

Maybe this is a little "blunt" but, anyone hoping to break into the business this way has absolutely no chance of making it in the business, and "doesn't have what it takes."
i.m.o., Jana's response went above-and-beyond the call of duty.
She had already repeatedly told her "no."

P.S. - This reminds me of the initial auditions for American Idol, where they totally sing off-key and then start begging for a "second chance" because they're OH so sure they have SO much talent. i.m.o., anybody who had ANY chance at all of winning would say, "oh ok, sorry it didn't work out listen I HAVE to run, I have 3 interviews down the street lined up so hopefully things will work out there - gotta go, BYE!" If that person was sincere about wanting to "break into the business," etc., she'd get an agent and do a thousand auditions the way Jana did. Honest opinion, not only is she going about things all wrong, she's essentially "stalking" Jana. I think her response was more than kind; some people probably would be threatening to call the cops at that point.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-23-2010 at 09:43 PM..