View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Green in Nottingham

Saw peter green and friends last night in nottingham it was amazing.
First of all after seeing him on his first comeback tour back in 1996 I had pretty low expectations (sorry) however after 1 bar of the first track it was plain to see that this was a different peter green and a tighter more sympathetic band than the splinter group.
For the first half hour of the show i had to fight back the tears a bit i felt that moved by it. His singing was incredible really clear and incredibly soulful and showing quite considerable range, this is a real singer! His voice is amazing now, just like lived in but amzing.
I was a bit sceptical of mike dodd prior to seeing the show having seen some of the clips of him bouncing round on youtube, now i get it, he´s awesome has a great charm and u can see the affection he has for peter and vice versa. There´s lots of little jokes between them and great banter. Mike your a saint dude!
The rest of the band is awesome, not into sax much but i see it takes a bit of pressure off peter taking all the solos which he didnt seem to care so much for, and makes the overal sound of the band polished.
Keyboard player is a real star too amazingly tasteful playing awesome!
Was the best gig i´ve seen after jimmy smith .
Felt though that the best tracks peter performed where the ones he didnt write. He obviously knows what fits his voice best.
Awesome show.
Peter looks very happy

Last edited by greenmanastrat; 03-13-2010 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: correction