View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

The first five Led Zeppelin albums...and to a slightly lesser extent Physical Graffiti...material so good that I just can't stand to listen to it anymore due to radio airplay overkill as well as listening to their albums on my own. Thought Presence sucked and never really liked them after that.
I think every band has their version of Presence- that one anomally recording that, for whatever reason, just never found an audience. Van Halen had Women and Children First. Fleetwood Mac had Time. Queen had Hot Space. I personally love Presence, but I have to admit that I would be hard pressed to name more than two songs from it off the top of my head! And how can you hate on In Through the Out Door?? That is probably my favorite LZ album- probably up there with Physical Graffiti.

Quote:

The albums during the initial go-round of Steely Dan...from Can't Buy A Thrill through Gaucho...not a "filler" track in the bunch.
Well, I would gladly skip "Glamor Profession" . But other than that, I would agree that SD in the 70's was incredible- I think they peaked with The Royal Scam. But the 2000-era stuff isn't too bad either, especially Everything Must Go. And Donald Fagen's solo album Morph the Cat is really, really good!