View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Belinda Carlisle - Live Your Life Be Free (1991)
Much to my surprise, this album did not even chart on Billboard’s top 200, which I will never understand. It had an awesome 1st single in “Do You Feel Like I Feel”, very upbeat and catchy. So many great songs on this CD from “Emotional Highway”, “I Plead Insanity” and “You’re Nothing Without Me.” Definitely a great pop CD that got overlooked.

Kylie Minogue - Light Years (2000)
I was aware of Kylie before this record but she pretty much vanished from the US scene after 1988 until 2002. Little did most US peeps know just what a stellar career she had pretty much everywhere else in the world all the time the US was ignoring her (their loss). I first became aware of this CD via a Paula Abdul email blast where is mentioned that Paula had co-written a tune titled “Spinning Around” and described it as disco driven. Of course being a Paula fan I had to check it out. I did and I LOVED IT. Not long after I purchased the 2nd single which was “On A Night Like This.” I loved that too but I didn’t buy the CD “Light Years” until the summer of 2001, while I was in NY to see Stevie. I bought it, took and home and played it non-stop. I loved everything on it, with “Spinning Around” being my favorite. Other faves are “Disco Down”, “Love Boat”, “Butterfly” and the title track.
Hey travis. Great choices! I love Belinda and good call on choosing this album! The tracks you mention are all brilliant, especially I Plead Insanity. Do you also have Real (1993)? That's a really overlooked record, it had 2 great singles (Lay Down Your Arms and Big Scary Animal) and the rest of the album is pretty damn good too!

I wondered if there's be a Kylie one in your list... I do like Light Years (especially Disco Down, it so should have been a single instead of the dreaded Please Stay that the UK got) but I'd still have to go for Impossible Princess as her best album. You heard it yet?

Last edited by Dodfather; 02-21-2010 at 06:17 PM..