View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love it when people write personal reviews! I don't know why, I just do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post

I'm sort of surprised that Christine McVie's contributions are the stand out of the entire album. Mainly because her 80's solo record is mostly unremarkable. On Tango, however, she gets in the best songs with Everywhere and Little Lies. Isn't It Midnight is a great jam and a very typical McVie song. Mystified is a bit odd with it's almost "Let's Get It On" mood and You and I, Part II is fun.
For me, TITN is one of my favourite albums because of Christine's songs. I think her songs on Tango are out of this world.

Quote:
Welcome to the Room Sara is largely forgettable.
For me, it's always been one that stands out I love everything about it and when I was very young, somone would mention 'Sara' and I'd immediatley go on to sing WTTRS because I've always preferred it

Quote:
And Lindsey... *sigh*, I find his tracks on this album insufferable. I've always found Big Love to be a bit pretentious and jarring to listen to and Family Man has to be one of his worst songs. Caroline and the title track are both fairly boring. I like Lindsey but his work in the 80's is indulgent to a fault.
Here, I disagree, slightly. The title track was one of the first FM songs I fell in love with and to this day I can't get enough of it. I do, however, agree about Big Love, it's never been a favourite and 9/10 times I do skip it.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr