Thread: Lindsey & John
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
How do you reckon they get on...In the past and more recently. I gather that they are not exactly the best of friends. In interviews Lindsey if complementing him seems to put a subtle dig at the same time. Such that he was described as Mick's "Halo point" and in Behind the Music where he points out Christine was writing songs about him but he couldn't write anything back.

What do you folks think ?
See, I didn't really detect that malice in what LB said in his "Behind the Music." I think he was just being straight-up. He was probably saying something John would have said to the band himself, "I couldn't write any songs back..." Now if it was meant as a dig, that is not nice. But I personally didn't feel it was a dig. John and LB appear to have a healthy working camaraderie. I don't think they're best friends, but then again I don't think LB is best friends with the other members either. In fact, the only person I could ever see LB ever being "besties" with (and that's a stretch) is someone like Brett Tuggle. Just because they appear to get along fabulously well and even have that teasing type of thing going- where you know they're comfortable with each other enough to say certain things out loud and in front of each other.

But I digress... imo John and Lindsey do get along, play music together brilliantly, and when the day is done go on to their separate lives. I think there is a definite mutual respect and they are probably comfortable enough to give each other an opposing opinion or two. Just not too many more than that.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 02-13-2010 at 05:14 PM..