View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I'm a great fan of Lindsey because I love musical creativity and anything "crazy" - Go Insane and Out Of The Cradle are fantastic examples of this... hell, why not thrown Law & Order in for good measure? Of course his various musical directions with Rumours-era FM are also tribute to this.
Also, I'm a uni student - this means I often have little money, of course.
Basically, the question I'm getting around to is "Do I buy Under The Skin and Gift Of Screws now or later?" in relation to my slowly filling collection of pre-Rumours-era material (of which I only own MTM and HAHTF). Or, put another way, are his later albums "crazier", or at least on par, than what I've so far been hearing from the pre-Rumours FM material?
I only ask because I bought The Dance a while ago, and I thought Lindsey was starting to lose his creative and "crazy" edge with "Bleed To Love Her"... in fact, I've now heard a few tracks from Say You Will and I'm not particularly fussed about it... yet.
(I'll make a confession - I was originally hesitant about buying Out Of The Cradle, as what little I'd heard of it seemed to indicate that it might be like "Bleed To Love Her", but as soon as I heard "Don't Look Down" I knew I'd made the right decision!)
Any comments are welcome, including those about my stupidity for not immediately buying them!
Gift of Screws is more toward the 'crazy side', at least in some songs. Under the Skin is more acoustically based. Both are excellent albums in their own ways. It's hard for me to tell someone else what they will like best. 100 people can hear a song and each of them hear it differently!