View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
You aren't missing much
Well, I certainly think Mirage is worth owning, even if not all the songs are great, and the sound quality leaves you wanting an immediate remaster... anyway, "Straight Back" alone is probably worth the $10 spent on the album (well, it was on special at $10)! Personally, it's just Lindsey's songs that drag the album down (except for me, as I'm fond of them all, particularly "Empire State").
As for track skipping... I don't think I've ever skipped any, except for the time recently when I heard half of Mirage (coincidentally) before my portable CD player batteries ran out, and I returned to the second half later on.
Actually, I've just remembered a long lost memory - I used to skip "Monday Morning" all the time when I bought TVBOFM, my first FM album. It was so different to what I was expecting (songs like "Seven Wonders" and "Everywhere") that it took me months before I tentatively listened to it again. I learned to like it, to the point where I thought it would be the perfect concert opener, which it was!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...