View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
Too bad, because the version of "Smile At You" recorded then is vastly superior to the "Say You Will" version. I think too much time had passed and the anger was gone.
Ok, I'll bite...

...YOUR OPINION that the Mirage outtake is "vastly superior"...MY OPINION, the Say You Will version blows ANY other version of the song I've heard out of the water. Basically, what even MAKES the song for me is McVie's bass line...only the SYW version has it. Out-of-control, over-the-top vocals by Stevie on those earlier versions, to me, suck eggs.

Anyway, regards to "Straight Back"....never appreciated the song until the CD came out....I longed for the LP version mix. And, I agree that the Mirage CD has one of the most horrid mastering jobs of any Fleetwood Mac album. Why the "alternate mixes"?

The same was when the Tusk CD came out and they'd used an alternate mix of "I Know I'm Not Wrong", when the LP version was, TO ME, vastly superior to the CD version.