View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Here to Eternity
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I was surprised the beach scene in From Here to Eternity occurred so early in the movie and was over in nearly an instant. Don't know what else I was expecting... It made a much better still photo, perhaps that was the draw. It nearly was lost in the film entirely. Frank Sinatra was a gem in this movie. There was so much going on with the character Prewitt, other character building and footage of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, it made the ending seem almost laughable.

Butch Cassidy was almost futuristic in comparison to all the 1940s era movies I've been watching. It had the tell-tale presence of that early 1970s film style where there are scenes that the actors don't speak at all and the foley artist throws in a few odd sounds here and there. I will always love the bicycle scene though, the Raindrops song and Paul Newman hamming it up big time. He was so great in that movie. Robert Redford was hotter looking than all get out.

Not sure what's up next. I see Netflix added 1984 into my streaming queue... hmmm, so many movies... so little time.