Thread: 40 Years
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

i completely agree. while the very early mac are superb i do get bored by the endless elmores and slow blues. it's the jammy stuff for me ! when i hear fm shows from late 69 to Peter leaving i have to say they must have been the best band in the world at that point. PG is the finest uk guitarist and if he does noodle it sounds beautiful and inspired unlike clapton whose "cult" i've never really understood. personally i'm always ready to hear another 25 minutes of rattlesnake shake. Danny was the perfect foil and when all 3 are slamming tiger and stranger blues i'm overwhelmed. it's such a desperate shame what happened to Peter and Danny. and the general public have lost out coz they dont get to hear the concert tapes that are around ...then play on is a bit of a mess (with some incredible highlights) so there isnt too much released evidence of this amazing bands abilities.
wouldn't it be great if Mick or someone official could stream or torrent all existing shows from a website or give a full release to the bbc in concert show. i wonder what else is lurking in Dinky Dawsons /wolfgangs vault archives.