View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
That's what I've always thought it was. And the weird rings around the setting sun/moon or whatever is cool. And what look like little eyes peering in the bushes and stuff. I thought the cover went well with the album title and song. I like when they put entire efforts into their albums and music right down to the cover art. Some people might not care or pay any attention to covers and stuff and just rip open the album or cd, but I like the whole package deal, especially when it comes to a Stevie or Mac album. I'm picky
The outside references that they use make me see them in little things that have no direct connection to the band. It makes FM's appeal seem all the more intrinsic and universal.

I have a modern interpretation of Matisse's picture on the wall right at the entrance to my house. It's black, gold and silver. Five figures that are more geometrical than human, cavorting around in acrobatic poses. I never would have been drawn to the picture if not for The Dance cover. Likewise, Say You Will made me want to get a print of the Double Suicide poster. I couldn't find one, so I just made my own from the movie DVD cover. I like being able to see them and what I think they represent to each other in outside things.

Michele