View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Oh, I'm just not a very good musical person. So I don't understand the difference between a B3 or a E8. Except I'd assume one is higher/lower than the other.
Ah, well each octave has 12 notes, from lowest to highest C C# D Eb E F F# G G# A Bb B. The number refers to which octave the note is from. So C4 is an octave higher than C3 and an octave lower than C5, and lower than B4 but higher than B3. F#3 is higher than D3, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Albums would be good. Don't forget about the Fleetwood Mac ones and Buckingham Nicks. It might be a good idea to incorporate live stuff into this idea too, and not just studio vocals?
Of course! The Buckingham Nicks album has my favourite Stevie high note, the B4 from Frozen Love. Live is a good idea although I don't think I'll use bootlegs as they are sometimes recorded at the wrong speed which affects the pitch. Stevie is a more, how could I say, reliable? person when it comes to studio vocals, compared to Lindsey. Any manipulation of her voice is mostly found on FM albums, courtesy of Lindsey. A good example is the descending "I am what I am" passage in Family Man. I think she recorded two or three seperate "I am what I am"s because the echo is fairly soft but some of the lines are quite strong. If I am right this is Stevie's lowest singing on Tango In The Night but there's no way of being sure Her highest is a C#5 from Seven Wonders included in the video (How did I say it had nothing noteworthy earlier in the topic?! It's very rare she goes above C5... maybe I was listening to a different song)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That blip in my graph (^) is Stevie's vocal range.