View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Well...

I don't mean to pour gas on a fire here as this is JMHO and I'm not trying to get anyone to think like me and I personally couldn't care less "what's upsetting SN" as I still think this is just media hype etc. anyways BUT IF IT IS "kids" that is her "problem", I really don't think she has a case. There seems to be this big assumption on her part that if she had kids FM "would've broken up" and that is ridiculous as it's been proven that others, even women she apparently likes such as Grace Slick have had kids (and yes, back in those days, so it can't be said that it was due to "the times" as to why she thought that way) while in a band and the bands in question still continued and she can't use the excuse of being a solo artist either as she would have had all the more time to do it (or have done it) then as Madonna among others have proven. Besides, going from what I've read and seen her say (and I admit that I'm not big on interviews myself so there may very well be a good reason for this that I'm not aware of and if so, then please do let me know), she always goes on about he she apparently used to sit down the hall from the studio doing her crocheting (sp?) (or whatever) until they needed her to come in and do the vocals for albums (and we all know how long it takes them (even back in those days) to put together an album) so all she had to do was ASK/TELL the other members of FM (rather than assuming "what would happen") that she wanted to have kids and WHILE they were doing there stuff without her (in essence, based on what she's said she used to do while the others were putting the records together), she could've done it and then after having the kid the album would then be ready for her to put her vocals on (and the same would apply to any other kids she could've had) so it really wouldn't have changed anything much anyways. The only difference being that she'd be knitting in the hospital room rather than the room down the hall from the studio. She's got no one to blame but herself on this one if this is the problem, IMO. However, do let me/us know here if there is a reason for this as I admit, I'm not aware of one not reading up on all the interviews etc. and it just seemed too much of a no brainer really as I couldn't figure out why it ever was a "problem" in the first place but I'm sure there's a good reason so do post about it here if anyone knows what that reason is OK?

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 04-01-2003 at 11:23 AM..