View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
It's funny how one person's trash is another's treasure! Not that FM have ever produced trash...
Roxy Music's album "Avalon" is my all time favourite - so, if you know how that album sounds, you'll probably understand why I like TITN so much.
I probably should have posted this on the MacNuggets thread but I was too lazy. In More Than This: The Story of Roxy Music one of the Roxy bandmates says that Avalon was their biggest hit States-side because it could play on the radio next to Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles. I feel this connects to my theory that "Straight Back" sounds like a Flesh & Blood-era Roxy track. Also, I have to say that I used to TOTALLY NOT UNDERSTAND how anyone could prefer Avalon to Siren!!! Stranded!! Country Life! but after being forced to listen to Avalon for a day (my iPod got stuck on one album in continuous play until it ran out of batteries), while it hasn't risen necessarily in my Roxy esteem, I can now appreciate that if that is your sort of thing--there really isn't anything more beautiful.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.