View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This question comes out of a discussion in the thread about Lindsey's Tusk songs freaking out the WB executives. At one point, someone said she loved Over and Over and felt it was the best album opener ever. Another person wrote something along the lines of "are you kidding me, it's the worst opener ever."

Personally, I like (do not love) the song and agree that it is a strange opener for any record, but especially for Tusk, given that album's experimental edge.

What song do you think would have made the perfect opener for the record? And if you think the band made the right choice, explain!

I think the best opener would have been Never Forget. It's "up," bright, catchy, and very listenable. The title track would have been superb, too, but I doubt anyone could have handled that as the opener back in 79. Maybe Sisters of the Moon could have worked, too.

I reckon The Ledge, though its weird like all of Lindsey's tracks on this album, it still has that Second hand News, Monday morning feel to it, where there isn't really any build up in the song its straight at you and it showcases all three of the vocals together.

Over and over is toooo slooow and mellow. The Ledge is a great example of Fleetwood Mac as a whole musical display, and i love the lines "buy another fixture, tell another lie, paint another picture, see whos suprised, you can love me baby but you can't walk out.."

That's a representation of Fleetwood Mac if i had ever seen one.