Thread: Hypnotized
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Not all of Christine's songs from this era are "bubbly." Her great "Why" is very, very sad.

I personally don't see the connection between liking Stevie and liking 'Mystery To Me.' I think it makes more sense to say that if you like Christine, you'll like 'MTM.'

As for Bob Welch ... is he the most cerebral writer in the history of Fleetwood Mac?
You're totally right... Why and Way I Feel are good examples of Christine's pre '75 Mac music not being entirely bubbly. She definitely had a deeper, more serious side to her than she perhaps had post '75. But there are songs like Just Crazy Love, Believe Me,and Keep On Going that could have been on any of the Buckingham Nicks era Mac albums.

The reason I said why anyone who likes Stevie would like this album is twofold. Firstly, the thread starter has a Stevie avatar... so comparing this album to Nicks was the best route. Secondly, this album has a very pop oriented, yet extremely mystical sound... very approachable for Stevie fans. All of Christine's Mac songs from any era are worth their weight in platinum... that's a given. Nobody is ever let down by her material, period.