View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Sydney View Post

The second night was a little less visceral for me as I had seats further back on the arena floor and I knew nothing could top the experience I had on Monday. I was shocked by how different the performance of ‘Storms’ was. I don’t know what happened to Stevie on the Tuesday night but something in those lyrics must have resonated with her because she performed the song in such a different way. Instead of singing in her usual concert voice, it flipped into a scratchy tone not unlike ‘Rock A Little (Go Ahead Lily)’ and the pathos of the song seemed so much more tangible. Compared to the (still excellent) performance the night before, it felt like a completely different song. Stevie wore a different costume for ‘Silver Springs’, a black jacket with a white fur collar, and her delivery of the final section of that song was decidedly more impassioned too.

x
Great review. So glad you had a wonderful time and got to go 2 nights.

Does anyone have photos or video of Silver Springs? This sounds like the first wardrobe change for Stevie all tour! (Other than the boots.)