View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Songs: Tusk vs. Mirage

I just finished reading the thread about which Lindsey "Tusk" songs might have freaked out the record executives, so I had to start this thread. I think Lindsey's songs on "Mirage" are far more odd than anything on "Tusk". I thought this the day I bought "Mirage" in 1982. I remember thinking that I had never heard stranger music in my life, from any band or artist, and I still think that now. Then there's that whole thing in interviews where Mick and others have said that with "Mirage", the band wanted to do something "more accessible" than the "Tusk" album. But to me, Lindsey's songs on "Mirage" were not. To this day, I have never heard anything more strange than "Can't Go Back" or "Empire State". There's nothing on "Tusk" that even approaches this weirdness for me. Even "Eyes Of The World", which is slightly more "accessible", the production is very strange (compared to the more straight-forward live versions of this song).

I don't see much discussion about Lindsey's "Mirage" songs, and I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way?