Thread: What if?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default you hadda be there

the spring of 7o seemed like the end of the world

In the US "School" stopped (grade through graduateSchool) after the Kent State Jackson State National Guard shootings. The Viet Nam war was grinding on and Cambodia was being bombed. (apocalypse now). Blind faith was history The beatles were history, cream was history, Led Zeppilin was the second band on any card. Hendrix , who was, and joplin (who was not a big draw) were dead by the end of november
The Allman Brothers couldnt fill up any big stadiun yet. ABB big break wes two years later at watkins glen with the band and The Dead, Eric clapton was a doped out stoner and not even touring but tagging along with other bands

The big megga concerts were the only big shows and those were a culmination of Newport/Monterey/ woodstock/ilse of white

Hell the Dead were not a big draw. The only big single draw in the US was the Stones, and only due the being the last band standing.
If Iff If Peter had remained which I think he would have bolted in any event They would have changed the scene somewhat. but would they evolve into the death metal voodo spirit world cult crap, i think not. Jam band persona, maybe but I think he was, and rightly so, scared of the US. i know a lot of people who bolted during that time toget the heck out of harms way.
The seventies were annother matter

Last edited by doodyhead; 11-29-2009 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: spelling