Thread: Album Text
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
I meant that Blue Lamp and Welcome to the room...Sara, share the same song LYRICS. The part that says "Downstairs the big old house is mine, upstairs the stars laugh and shine", you know...

And Destiny and Enchanted: "Crying in the morning, try to be strong, waiting for the spring to turn into the fall. Love don't mean what it says at all my destiny says I'm destined to fall"

So that's what I meant...
I love it when either Lindsey or Stevie do that. It makes the song seem more like a theme and gives it more meaning. Here comes the night time, looking for a little more. Waiting on the right time. Somebody outside the door. Repeating something like that takes me right over the edge.

I always say that if I hadn't seen a manic, silly, acrobatic Cary Grant in Arsenic and Old Lace, I would never fully understand how withholding, cold and repressed that his Devlin was being in Notorious. I could never understand the depth of hurt he was inflicting on Alicia by pulling away, if I didn't bring my own history of him to the movie and when the Macsters repeat lyrics, I feel they bring the history of one song into the other, along with all the emotions I have for it.

Family Man is not my favorite song, but when I link the fall down/get up with Loving Cup, it means something to me.

The repetition in lyrics, the slight change in lyrics uncovers a lie, a wound, a need. How much more does it mean to me when Lindsey says, "One thing I think you should know. I ain't gonna miss you when you go," because he'd once said "There's just one thing I'd like you to know: I've got no more to lose if you go." Yikes! Twists my heart, comparing the 2 lyrics. It really does.

Michele