Thread: Micks BB GONE
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
It must have gone down temporarily. The funny (or sad) thing is that it went down with ten different forums, & returned with a "streamlined," "simplified" eleven forums!

With this new, improved version, you get "The Knightly News," "Mick Fleetwood's News & Views," "First Time Here," "News," "The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac," "Talk About Mick's Site," "Mick's Drummer's Corner," "The ART of Mick Fleetwood," "The BIZ," "Golf with Mick" & the brand-new "Ask the Admins."

Somebody's trigger-happy over there. Only a functionary, bureaucratic sort of brain would conclude that it's better to have an entire forum-within-a-forum designed for questions for the admins, instead of a simple note on the home page saying "If you have a question for the admins, send them a PM."

I'm also amused by the lengthy description of the "Mick Fleetwood's News & Views" forum: "This is a VERY SPECIAL area on Mick's Chat." How special can it be with zero topics & zero posts? Are they pulling my leg?

It all reminds me, somehow, of all those times that I've called my long-distance company to complain about how steep my bill is & how inconvenient & pricey my calling plan is, & by the time I hang up, the friendly rep on the other end has talked me into paying even more each month for phone service.
I think they should take out at least four topics and add the Chit Chat area which could replace those four. Telling fans to send them a PM every time they have question is a problem because many of them have the same question to ask and it would make more difficult for the moderator to be able to find and answer the question fast. Having an area where the fans can ask questions is much better (in my opinion) because they can see the question/answer so they dont have to ask the same question/answer again. I think.

I'll make some sugestion about this. I just didnt think they were going to do this today.

Isabel