View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Blue Lamp is better than ANYTHING on Bella Donna.
Blue Lamp kinda sounds Roxy Music-ish to me, right? LOVE it. Also think it's better than anything on BD other than EO17.

And, yes, though I officially choose Hounds of Love as KB's best album, The Dreaming is its equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
People who lump Tori Amos with Kate Bush have cauliflower eyes & ears -- & probably minds. Amos needs to get a sense of humor, for one thing. Nowhere in her crybaby music does one find the exotic, sophisticated irony & wit that suffuses "Kashka from Baghdad," "Violin," "Babooshka," "There Goes a Tenner," "Suspended in Gaffa," & on & on.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Unfortunately, Kate's more recent work -- from, say, The Sensual World to the present -- mostly avoids British humor & scatology in favor of traditional feminist themes & music that's too precious & wispy & lush (though still often very gorgeous). It's probably Kate's more recent music from 1989 till now that makes silly girls think she's in any way equivalent to Tori Amos.
Your attempt to account for the cauliflower is valiant. You are a better person than I.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 11-22-2009 at 01:24 PM..