View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
Wow.

Just when you think you've heard all there is to hear. Let's hope this guy posts some more. Makes you think he had to have been there at the time, or at least been part of the band set-up, to know the exact location of the recording, right down to the budgie in the background. I think the bird was Peter's dad's, as Peter was livng with his parents at the time.
I don't know what Peter's living arrangements were in 1968, but I know he bought a home for his parents in 1969, and lived with them. He was so grounded by his strong family bond for which he saw completely through the phoniness of rock stardom. Yet while his family wanted him to continue on his path of success, Peter didn't.

The quality of this recording leads me to believe it's a direct source, which means Peter Green's management, or handlers are involved. Despite the positive rumors concerning Danny Kirwan of late, I doubt he knows anything about Youtube. Maybe Mike Dodd's influence is as strong as Martin Celmins', and the Greenbaum family trust how Peter is being handled; present, and past.

Who would've thought six months ago that "Peter Green and Friends" would embark on a month long tour? Those of us in the U.S. can only hope for 2010.

Last edited by slipkid; 11-22-2009 at 12:18 AM..