View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Listened to this just now. It is separate interviews with Stevie and Lindsey and their recollections/reflections of select songs from Tusk and they play a handful of songs -- Sara, Sisters of the Moon, Storms, Tusk, The Ledge, maybe one or two more. While it contained a lot of the same usual Rumours history in the beginning, I heard them, specifically Lindsey, comment on things i've never heard commentary on before. Some highlights or noted moments for me were:

Lindsey talking about Storms and about Stevie's delivery of the song and how she must be going back a few years and alludes to the sadness and pain in the song. He then says it is one of his favorite songs on the album. That was something I've never heard him speak of anywhere, so that was new to me.

Didn't really learn anything I didn't already know about Sara or Tusk. Stevie says she'll play all of Sara someday. I hope she means it!

A lot of long Lindsey segments. You know how he is. All circular and not necessarily answering the question. But still, i love his dialogue.

Then of course there is the Stevie monologue of Lindsey and her and their tattered love and how it can never be again. Same general tone of what we've been hearing elsewhere lately, but I was really hearing regret here.

Then there is some discussion of why Lindsey left the band after making Tango and then he talk somewhat about what that departure meant to the friendships he had with the members of the band and how that resonates today. I thought there was some definite "the band=Stevie" moments in that. And I thought he was almost fessing up to the fact that he has made it difficult for "them" (again he says band, i think he means Stevie) to really have a stronger friendship because he's not allowed himself to engage in it. Again, my total take and paraphrasing of it, but that's what I thought he possibly was saying.

I also got the impression that this was taped awhile back. Possibly even last year. There was no reference to the Unleashed tour, other than Lindsey saying "we plan to tour again next year" all the while referencing SYW as the most recent tour. So, that leads me to think this could have possibly been sitting on a shelf for sometime. I don't know. Maybe someone else got a different impresion.

I'm sure most of you will go and listen to this. I'm anxious to hear what others got out of it.

I linked to a radio station (see link to page with stations below) and listened to it this morning. There seems to still be a handful of broadcasts later on today and it looks like the main site will host the recording.

http://www.inthestudio.net/on-the-radio/index.asp