View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Also, I thought it was interesting you mentioned Venus instead of Earthquakes or Pink in your best friends list - I've noticed most people don't mention Venus as a favorite, unless they specifically mention that it's the live part (I'd be one of those folks, too, love the live disc, mostly neutral on the studio portion). Is it the studio or the live part, or both, for you?
Venus is my 2nd favourite album after Choirgirl. Both the studio and the live CD are absolutely flawless IMO. I love how radically different it sounds to everything else she's done. If you sit and listen to Pele and then listen to Venus, you wouldn't think it was the same person. Bliss, Juarez, Concertina, Glory Of The 80's, Lust, Suede, Riot Poof, Datura and Spring Haze are some of my all time favourite Tori tracks. I just love everything about Venus. My Tori albums in order or fav - least fav are:

Choirgirl
Venus
Scarlet
Pele
Pink
Posse
Sin
Earthquakes
Girls
Beekeeper

I know LE is low and don't get me wrong, I love it, but I just don't think it works particulaly well as an album. All great songs, but for some reason, they just don't gell together as an album for me