View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, see by contrast, I don't think she minds working with them and I think she probably would have done so with SYW. I think except for her wanting to leave, The Dance seemed to proceed nicely. Although by the time we got to the RRHOF, maybe they had all had a little tiff.

I don't think the stuff we think of as craziness really bothers her that much. Drugs and drink and travel, yes I think she thinks that's crazy at the stage her life is in now. Personality wise, I think the "drama" we've been discussing is pretty low key and inconsequential to her, compared to what it was like in the old days. I just don't see her being fazed in the least by it.

David, I think SYLM comes off nicely except for that verse Lindsey does alone. Between that and Don't Stop, I wonder which she likes the most, or least. Well, probably SYLM requires the 5 of them more than Don't Stop does. Although, I still think the chorus works well with Stevie and Lindsey. The verses are a reason she should join the band in a cameo, simply out of pity.

If they could smuggle away one of her dogs, that would give them considerable leverage.

Michele
I really disagree. Take an evening and watch all her interviews and such from In The Meantime on youtube back to back. She repeatedly said that her time with the band had been drawing to a close since sometime in the late 1980s/very early 1990s. She was just done... she recorded and toured nonstop with Fleetwood Mac for 30 years. She accomplished all that she had set out to do. She was tired of the lifestyle. She was tired of the band. She was tired of America. She's in her late 60s now, living a very quiet happy life in her home country, spends her time doting on her dogs, and reconnecting with family. Why in the hell would she want to sit in a room with Stevie and Lindsey for a year and a half playing referee for two 60 something year old adults who act like spoiled teenagers? Christine repeatedly said in her 2004 interviews that she was just done with all that mess. Done with commercial expectations, done with pressures, done with schedules, done with constructs. She simply made In The Meantime because she could do it on her own terms, in her home, where she could stop and make pasta if she wanted, and spend the time connecting with her nephew. I just don't think there's any kind of money in the world that could be thrown a Christine to convince her to do anything else than what she's doing right now. She gave her entire adult life to Fleetwood Mac, she's retired. And if I were her, I'd be exactly the same way!

Think of it this way. Would you want to do the exact same job for 40 years? Do you know anyone, anyone at all who's been doing the same job working for the same company since the late 1960s? Have you even known anybody who's been married that long? My point is, she's just done. She's just not the same person. Her priorities have taken a 180. I think she was tired of all of the negative stimulus, and having to numb it all by being a lady drunk. There's nobody who wants a return from Christine more than me, but we've gotta respect the lady's life choices, and let her retire in peace and happiness. She earned it!