View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Believe it or not, it sounds to me like you go to a really good school.

At my old high school, they probably would have given you detention, believe it or not. Sound unjust and stupid?
Welcome to my old High School.

Don't get me started about the time in Junior High when they made a rule that no one could wear shorts to school - even though it was REALLY really hot - - - The entire student government (the so-called "cool" kids who were also the cheerleaders) - wore shorts to school the next day - - That was the end of that because they weren't about to suspend anybody even remotely connected with football.
If anybody but the "cool" kids had done it they would have suspended them like a shot.
That was exactly 9 months after they wouldn't let my friend Ken take Algebra a year early because he lived on the wrong side of the highway.
I absolutely love my school in some ways but in others, it tends to be ridiculous. And trust me-- we aren't allowed to wear shorts year round. No jeans, no tank tops, no t-shirts... all skirts must be below the knee, no SANDALS. The administration is really relaxed about some things but crazy about others. The inconsistency is what is irritating.