View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think I heard it on YouTube & I think I liked it. You know me.

But the point I forgot to make is that the statement Mick & Stevie made about the last album without Chris was: What if she had the hit single & wasn't there on the road to sing it?

Well, hellooooo! They changed their minds, I guess. She wasn't there to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me & Don't Stop. (Nor was she there in 1994 & 1995 to sing her hit singles Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, & Don't Stop.)

So if the band has rationalized its way out of that particular quagmire, why not ask Chris to record one last big studio album & to hell with what happens on the tour? Is there some difference in their minds between a classic hit single & a current hit single? And why is this band still paying any thought at all to hit singles? This band is solely a touring band playing its golden oldies.
I truly don't think Christine would do a Fleetwood Mac album precisely because she'd feel she had a responsibility to the band to tour for it. She doesn't want to be seen as 'pulling a Lindsey'. (Being on an album, yet bailing on a tour)(sorry, Lindsey!)