View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Anyone have stories about Atlantic City from this tour? I think it was Atlantic City... when Stevie couldn't finish the song for some reason? There's been debate about whether she just got too emotional or if her voice gave out.
I was there in the second row between Stevie and Christine... they was real tears, hon'. To be honest, at first I thought it was just schtick- that somehow she was able to turn on the waterworks every night. After all, she often cried at the end of "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You." But then that next-to-final chord kept playing while Stevie stood at the mic. By this time, after what seemed an eternity, she had turned her back to the audience and was standing there in the spotlight kind of frozen in place. Eventually Lindsey came up to her, put his arm around her and finished the final "You could be my silver spring..." line for her looking her dead in the eyes. As the lights came up I could still see that she was just completely overcome. And then as the lights dimmed, the tape track for "Tusk" started playing, and I could still see that she was inconsolable as she marched off stage. It was definitely a real moment.