View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow

So, after a quick ride (some traffic jam) and a frustrating missing of a sign to the parkinglot, I found myself on row 2 of the Antwerp Sportpaleis yesterday-evening. My spot wason the very very right side of the stage, too far from the stage to my opinion. There was a huge gap between the first rows and the stage (what do these chairs do at a rockconcert anyways?). Alas about a quarter before showtime, people from first row where invited to come upfront and that was my que. " Ik trok de stoute schoenen aan" (as we say in Dutch) and ended up glued to the stage in betweet Lindey's monitor-speakers. Stayed there for whole of the show.....took a look at the setlist (no surprises) and waited for the show to start...

The show itself was marvellous, great, fantastic, superb, wowwwwww....

Lindey is a madman, a devil on guitar. Stevie looked great, was in a good mood and didn't miss a cue :-)

John McVie was the solid bassplayer, in control of the sound of the band and Mick was driven and having a ball. Love his outfit.

While the monitor-speakers blocked my sight on Sharon, Jana and Lorri I could see them sometimes....why are the standing there like an iron-board? They should move and dance more often I believe...

Besides the few first rows having a blast, I looked behind me a couple op times and saw the rest of the audience SITTING ON THEIR CHAIRS!!!!!!
Could not believe that, but they did????????

I also noticed that a lot of people didn't know Go Insane, Stand BAck and some other songs...I was probably one of the few in my immediate environment that danced a lot during Stand Back.

The sound was goog. Alas, most of my sound came from Lindsey's monitor-speakers and sometimes I couldn't hardly hear Stevie singing in the harmonies...but I did'nt really care. I had a wonderful spot.

Have I mentioned that I think LB is a devil on guitar...wow, this men can play.
After 2 songs he was soken wet already...

Well, I had to come back on earth first before I took the ride home. After a short night of sleep I'm recharging and I'm off to Rotterdam tonite...I think I'll stay a little behind. Want to see the stage as a whole picture and maybe get a bit better sound...

Took a few pictures...below my favourite so far: