View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
"At the end of the tour Nicks vowed never to work with Buckingham again."

What? Oh come on. Live in Boston was on Palladia (or whatever that station is called) last night, and once again I'm not understanding how it was so bad. They look happy, and Lindsey doesn't appear any different in his stage presence than he was before or is now. Yes I can understand missing Christine, but she had her backup singers to commiserate with. How long have she and Sharon been friends? Like 30 years? I'm sure she is closer to her than she ever was to Christine. I just don't get why she makes these statements.
I don't believe for one second that the entire 18 months of the tour was miserable. Maybe 12 months were fine and 6 were horrid, perhaps . . . I know they fought during the tour, but I'm pretty sure they were getting along fine, for some of it too.

Of course, we know at the end they had a fight and you could tell she was still mad, even as she did interviews for Caesar's afterwards. But I don't think the fall out at the end was representative of the whole tour, even though she'd make it sound like it was.

They probably were pushing each other on that little elevator that lifted them up to the stage and he yelled that her "Miss Las Vegas" costumes were taking up too much space in the elevator car. And she decided, "Mr. Buckingham is being very mean to me. And has always been jealous of the attention my tamborine gets." After which, she vowed she'd never share the stage with him again.

What's funny to me is that she says it's a greatest hits tour, so there's nothing to fight about this time, which indicates that during all 18 months of the SYW tour, she and Lindsey were still fighting over the SYW album -- which is odd. But clearly, after the album was produced, they were still at odds. We could see it in their promotional comments. I guess, as Stevie has suggested, that bad feeling over the album led into the tour and kind of permeated and soured the whole memory, which is a shame. Michele