View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Registered

Default Oh look, moar thingz!

13 (technically 14, but I have a double of issue 6) issues of the Rumours fanzine, starting with the "premier issue" in 1987 and running up to 1991. All issues are in excellent condition with no rips or tears.

Issues are liberally peppered with photos. Many transcripts of interviews, including transcripts of Stevie's "Reflections from the Other Side of the Mirror" (which I also have on vinyl, with the cue sheet, oh snap), articles from various magazines and newspapers, a several part series on the legend of Rhiannon, fan reviews of concerts with photos, fan reviews of albums, fan artwork, Collector's Corner, a piece about the Uncirculated Rumours bootlegs that apparently made people angry, and a lot more.

I really enjoyed reading all of these, since I wasn't quite old enough to be aware of much of this stuff when it was actually happening - it's fun to see what fans were interested in back then, as well as what the band was up to.

Highlights in each issue:

#1 - "premier issue" - transcript of the Aug '87 press conference about LB leaving, interesting fan reactions to said LB leaving, centerfold calender with Stevie photo (PENDING)

#2 - Rock Stars interview, Cincinnati & Chicago concert reviews with photos, Stevie & Mac News

#3 - Capitol Centre concert review w/photos, Stevie interview, centerfold calender with Stevie photo

#4 - War & Peace Part 1 w/photos, Stevie talks Red Rocks, Mac on the Radio

#5 - War & Peace Part 2 w/photos, Belly Up Tavern concert review w/photos, Wild Art comics

#6 - 1st Anniversary Issue - Mac live in Europe with photos, the first Rumours Convention with photos, Mac on Rockline (I HAVE TWO OF THIS ISSUE)

#7 - Stevie's Live Album Listening Party w/photos, TOSOTM, Stevie in the UK with the baby doll

#8 - Atlanta interview, Fleetwood Mac at 21, Reflections Pt 1, Rhiannon, Stevie Rocks Atlanta, mini-poster 1 - (PENDING)

#9 - Relfections pt. 2, Dutch Mac video review, Everywhere video, Atlantic Records interview, Whole Lotta Trouble video, Rhiannon Pt 2, mini-poster 2

#10 - Special issue centering on Stevie's Mirror tour, MASK CD Graphics, Mac in Print, and a boatload of Stevie pics (PENDING)

#11 - Flailing about Stevie & Christine saying they'll leave after the end of the MASK tour, interesting bit about Stevie's live lyric changes (pt. 1), Two Sticks & Ho Hum (general flailing about Mick's autobiography sucking)

#12 - Oakland concert w/Lindsey, Rhiannon pt. 3, Rumours Convention II, Bob Brunning interview pt. 1 - SUPER GORGEOUS cover drawing of Stevie by someone named Prentiss. This one is so good, it could almost be mistaken for a photograph. I love it. - (PENDING)

(the shadow you see is caused by my head and not actually on the zine itself)

#13 - Bob Brunning interview pt. 2, Stevie's letter of hope to the troops, Stevie Word Search by one Bill Gamelson (Yes, really. I lol'd.), pt. 2 of the article about Stevie's live lyric changes. Johanna Pieterman Stevie drawing on cover - apparently, this was a drawing they put on a big card at the convention and had everyone sign to send to Stevie. - (PENDING)

(ditto about the shadow here)

$7 each (or make me an offer if you want to snag more than one/the whole lot)

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''

Last edited by Zombie; 10-10-2009 at 07:56 PM..