View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
I do wish that she submitted "Crash" for the Female Rock Vocal catagory.

Although i agree that as far as originality goes, Stevie is seriously lacking with this album, if BATB is the song that sticks in the minds of the voters as far as the vocal performance is concerned, she could see a nomination. In the Pop Album catagory last year both the Eagles and James Taylor were nominated, so i guess that shows that the Grammy voters aren't all about the newer and "hip" artists of the moment.
Come to think of it, there have been some truly odd-ball winners in recent years. A couple of years ago, I think "album of the year" went to Herbie Hancock for releasing an album of jazzed up covers of Joni Mitchell songs- which is really not too much unlike what Mama did to her own recordings on Soundstage. It wasn't particularly innovative since the featured Joni songs tended to lean towards jazz in the first place. Similarly, going way back, Natalie Cole did the same thing by recording a bunch of her father's old songs, which is even more hackneyed than what Stevie did. So in that context, I suppose there is an outside chance that she could pull another Herbie Hancock. Surely the featured songs submitted for consideration would have been the "Landslide/Crash" single, with its perfectly auto-tuned sweetness.