View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Registered

Unhappy Have you any dreams you'd like to...er...buy? (wocka wocka)

Oh y'all. It's a sad day in Zombistan, but I've finally summoned the courage to do this.

I've got some major things coming down the pike in the next few months that I need cash for, which means I have to do something I've been trying to avoid doing with every fibre of my being - sell off some of my massively massive Mac collection.

[insert weeping/wailing/gnashing of teeth/rending of garments Old Testament style here]

I thought to the Ledge first, because I'd rather see my shiny things go to someone that I know will appreciate them and love them instead of some psychopath on eBay that might use my Stevie hologram for a reflector on the garbage can or something (horrors!) but the number of things I'm forcing myself to let go is kinda huge, and I am not sure what the best way to go about offering this stuff to y'all might be.

I've got tourbooks, songbooks, regular books, posters, photos, rare vinyl, not so rare vinyl, newspaper & magazine clippings from back in the day to recent, whole magazines, random odds & ends, etc.

So I guess what I'm asking is - would y'all want to see a big list, should I break it up into separate posts by category, or do you just wanna ask me if I've got what you're looking for (because if it's something vinyl, I most likely do)?

There are SOME pieces I just can't bring myself to let go of unless the price is extremely right, like my Tusk lithograph depicting the album insert collages, printed on the heavy-duty nice paper, but still. Argh.

This is painful for me. But if you want to give some of my stuff a good home, I will appreciate it.

And I won't even ask for visitation rights! Maybe just a photo once a year and a letter updating me on how my stuff is doing in school or whatever...

Anyway - your thoughts?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''