View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Amen to that!

To all the doomsday gloomers who say that FM is dead, well... that is your opinion. Sure, they are not prone to histrionics and big time drama anymore, but then again, they aren't snorting lines of blow and drinking bottles of cognac either. Ever heard of the term "liquid courage?" I suspect that if FM never touched booze or drugs in the 70's, they would have developed a reputation for rote, solid, sturdy performances that are still powerful, but not quite transcendent. What we have today are a bunch of perfectionists who are no longer able to hide behind the veil of chemicals in order to take bold risks on stage. Sure, I would love to see more variety and spontaneity in their sets, but look at it from their (platform) shoes- if I was a sixty-something veteran musician, would I want to put on a musically sloppy/under-rehearsed yet spontaneous performance, or would I want to showcase my musicianship and gravitas? It's a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.

Yes, there are artists like Neil Young and Bob Dylan who are as sloppy, spontaneous and as raw as ever. But that's their schtick- sloppy and spontaneous. Fleetwood Mac just doesn't do sloppy. If Bob Dylan hits a bum note- that's just Bob being Bob. If Neil Young's guitar is out of tune- that just adds oomph to his "ragged glory." But if Stevie hits a bum note or Lindsey flubs a chord, then everyone will start to question whether they have lost "it," or if they are too old to rock n roll. The day Stevie, Lindsey and FM start doing sloppy is the day Stevie walks out in jeans and a t-shirt with her hair in a ponytail.
Amen to all of this! How true.. I can't agree more! I also wanted to add that I'm SOOOO excited for all of our Ledgies who are going to see the concerts! You guys are going to have a BLAST!!! I hope you all have fun, and I can't wait to hear your reviews and see pictures!!
xoxo

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....