Thread: Aussie presale
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post

For the rest of us - there is something quite strange going on with this selling strategy.

I saw six shows in the US in April/May and was at the stage for five out of six - only ever paid standard price. It was a gamble that paid off for me - most tickets were bought on the day of the show or 6-7pm at the venue on the night. Not sure if it will work out here, but the practice of holding back good seats does appear to continue!
I'll never understand why this is done. It is so stressfull getting concert tickets to Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. Many of us have to worry right up to the night of the show if we are even going or not. Many of us have over an hour's drive to get to the venue.
I miss the good old days when you could point to the seating chart at the venue and say," I'll take those seats." If they were sold out already then they gave you a choice of other seats. The internet gives you about 60 seconds and then terminates you from the page and then you gotta log in again. And what's with these silly passwords we need to log in? Why not just let us in, as we are ready with our credit cards in hand?
AND it should be first come first served. Just my two cents.