Thread: NME article
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you very much snoot for the Mick Fleetwood's quote. It's so sad to read how much desperate they were fo Peter, how much they needed him. I agree with you all when you say it would have been a different story -I don't know for Jeremy,- but definetely for Danny if Peter hadn't lost his way.

I wanted to say, concerning the so called "Munich incident" that I also agree with you all that may be has been so much distorted and blamed for everything that happened to Peter, and that this may have not been true. Also I have to say that I am one of those "European Ledgies" for whom English is not the mother tongue. So I apologise in advance because trying to express my thoughts about such a controversial thing is really difficult to me. I hope not to be misunderstood.

Being a Pink Floyd fan also I have read hundreds, thousands of speculations about how Syd Barrett lost his way, I think may be more than that of Peter's, and one thing that always freaked me out was this: Richard Wright, PF sadly deceased keyboardist, always claimed Syd just "changed" after a three day LSD trip, similarly to that "Munich". This is something that have always made me think, as the other members of the band and all the speculation never gave importance to that incident in particular. Just imagine how many times may have been the PF members asked about how Syd went sadly craz, and everyone always said more or less the same. How a sensitive guy he was and so on.

Only Richard Wright always said he was sure than "that" was the specific moment when Syd "changed", (you can check out how sure he looks when talking about this thing on the "PF and Syd Barrett Story" DVD). May be guilt and musical restraints are things that were there from the start and this feelings only are enough to explode the whole thing out. But may be there's something about these long way trips that we don't pretty much understand. So maybe behind all the lies that have been said about "munich", may be there is some kind of truth, I don't know.