View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
What important cards? 86 - 94 must have been hell for her health wise. And she was becoming less popular and gaining weight, that couldn't have helped things. I wouldn't say those were her brightest times, except when she got off the meds and lost the weight.
For one, I don't think her stage persona was a coincidence-- she saw people grab onto the Rhiannon image and she ran with that for the next 30+ years of her career. From what I know, that was at least partially a conscious decision and I don't think she would have ever reached legend status without such a distinguished aura.

Also, I know that a lot of people believe that many of the men in Stevie's life didn't respect her as much as she thinks they did-- yet you can't deny that she knew how to use her sexuality wisely. She's slept with some of the most renowned artists of her time, also boosting her appearance as a sex symbol, again attributing to her level of fame. Plus, she got two great Bella Donna duets out of the deal

I think she can do some really ditzy things and I wouldn't bet my money on her to out-smart or musically triumph over most Fleetwood Mac members. Yet you can't deny the woman knows what she's doing.