Thread: John's Playing
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking for the rhythm talk, these are other comments that indicate what I was trying to say.

After the Dance: "I've been trying to put together a solo album, but I don't regard myself as a solo artist. I don't enjoy that kind of attention. I like my place behind the keyboards. In that regard, I struggle with a solo career."

Just Before Rumours: "Stevie's a show woman and she loves it. I'm the keyboard player, which keeps me out of the limelight. I enjoy it because I'm not a extrovert."

Of course, by saying she's part of the rhythm section, I think she means that she is laying a musical foundation which creates a spring board for everything else, but I also think she means, "Oh, don't stop and pay attention to me. I'm just part of the crew. Nothing to see here."

Best Buy CD: I don't like to be the sole source of interest.

Best Buy CD: "I always regard myself somewhat as being more the rhythm section, if anything. I always kind of feel that I'm linked to John and Mick closer than I am to the front line, the singers. Because I always feel that I'm playing with John and Mick very tightly, because I'm more a rhythm player than a -- I'm not forever doing glitzes [not sure of the word she used] and twinkly bits and solo things. I'm a pretty solid player. So, I'm playing with John and Mick pretty much constantly and let Lindsey do all the -- you know -- we provide the bed on which Lindsey can pretty much do what he wants."