Thread: New album?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
Yeah. As much as I love SYW it is too disconnected. From What's the world coming to ---- Murrow turning in his grave. It doesn't flow.
Exactly. I just hope they don't bow out with Say You Will being their final effort. There are some great songs, but I don't even know if I can call it an album with a straight face. There was seemingly no collaboration. It seems everyone was so spoiled, and egos were so big that they all couldn't just walk into a room TOGETHER, and flesh out songs, and craft and ALBUM. They all clearly came to the table with finished or nearly finished work, they barely seemed to interact, and the finished product just sounds like a mish mash of songs that have no place sitting beside each other.

I really don't know if there is another Mac album on the horizon at this point. There absolutely will be more touring. They may even tour for another decade (who knows, maybe longer). They've pretty much all clearly stated to the media that they weren't pleased with the end product of Say You Will. But I don't know if they can all truly swallow their personal issues, histories, and egos to make one last album. I hope they do... I truly hope they do. I agree, an outside producer is the way to go. The key would to be find a fine balance between Stevie's and Lindsey's sensibilities. Lindsey will want someone more progressive and "now," and Stevie will want someone more established and classic. I just don't know if it could really happen at this point without Christine. I think she was the moderating, mediating force between parties, and she's been gone for a dozen years now. A new album would be a WONDERFUL surprise, but I'm not expecting it at all at this point. Even if they did decide to record one, it would be well into late 2011 before we ever saw it, at the VERY earliest.